Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sorry Everybody

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. Haven't had much time to write posts.

For a brief catchu-up, my art professor hated my animation, hated the first copy of my t-shirt project, and kind of hated my final product for the t-shirt project. In every other class, everything is going well.

On a personal note, my boyfriend and I have made the decision to go on a break. Very dramatic. Facebook statuses were changed. It is something that I feel has been coming for a while now, but I think that we both need to discover our individual paths first before we can even consider being a couple again.

Anyway, to assure you all that I am okay, I just want to keep you up to date on what I am currently reading. As a continuation of the short story binge, I am currently reading Ancient Enchantresses edited by Kathleen M. Massie-Ferch, Martin H. Greenberg, and Richard Gilliam.

The book is a collection of short stories written about and from the viewpoints of 19 sorceresses and enchantresses from around the world. These powerful women include Echo from the tale of Narcissus, and Nimue from the Arthurian legends. Each is written in a different style and from a slightly different viewpoint. These women are wonderful, powerful, and sassy in their own right, and are wonderful examples of strong women.

I will give you all a full review when I have finished the book. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment