Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Greetings and Salutations

Hey this is Tia, with her first post to Sincerely, Book Fiend.

Just to start off I will tell you a little bit about myself, although you probably don't care too terribly much.

I am an art and biological science major hoping to one day attend graduate school for medical illustration, and after that, *fingers crossed*, get a job as an actual medical illustrator.

As the title of this webpage suggests, I am an avid reader of everything from history to science fiction, from comic books to anatomical coloring books, from magazines to web articles. My favorite genres of books include science fiction, fantasy, and historical fiction, although i am always up for a good comdey or Greek play. I am in love with nonfiction in general, but I read mostly books about social issues and religion. Right now I am on a bit of a feminist streak, having just bought Starhawk's Truth or Dare, and Walker's The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets and The Skeptical Feminist. I also love comic books, and my two favorite series are Fables (I just finished the Volume 4) and Y: The Last Man (Which I have read in it's entirety). Although I am not a huge fan of manga, Godchild is by far my favorite.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to buy me a present, here are the rules when buying me books:
1. Do not buy anything by Starhawk, Barbara Walker, or Judika Illes. Chances are, I probably have it.
2. Anything involving fairy tales or myths is a big YES.
3. Anything involving vampires or werewolves, especially in combination, is to first be read by you to make sure it is not some sappy, poorly-written crap *cough Twilight cough*, so that I do not tear my eyes out in sheer agony.
4. Comic books with interesting art, interesting stories, or involving anything Victorian-themed are a go.

Anyway, this site is mostly meant to update my family on what is going on in my life, but it is also for me to talk about books I am reading or have read and would like to talk about. I find that doing this is the best cure for a bad ending.

Hope you enjoy my posts (and if you don't, please keep it to yourselves.)

2 comments:

  1. bahaha tia I <3 you!! And i uber-can NOT wait for christmas. And ps. i am totally copying a friend and buying you all four books of twilight and a lighter for Christmas. You do the math.
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete