Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Facebook and Dorm Life Do Not Mix

One of the things I have learned from living in a dorm is that you should never ever EVER leave your computer open and unattended while your floormates are still in the room. Your computer will not be stolen or defiled or broken, but your reputation might.

I was working on an animation project for class when I started to hear giggling from my fellow floormates. My computer had been open in preparation for the compilation of all my hard work from the past few weeks, but I had not logged off of facebook. The next thing I know, my status has been changed to "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP! :)" and I suddenly like "Surprise Butt Sex". Not only did that completely freak out my poor father who had just logged on to facebook after weeks of ignoring social networking, but it annoyed me, who is in the middle of what will possibly be an all-nighter.

So now, as I am recovering from a bad social networking experience that also managed to increase activity on my profile by about 400%, I am doing repetitive scanning of a project that has haunted me for the majority of 3 weeks. Animation, especially hand-drawn animation, is possibly the most tedious, most rewarding experience I have yet encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment